October 8, 2015
Getting a bad review on Facebook can be traumatic for any business. Especially if the review is fake or an attempt to destroy your reputation online. Don’t worry too much, there is some hope.
While you can not necessarily remove the bad review, you can disable the option for your map, check-ins and stars (reviews) to show up. This will stop the public from seeing any reviews on your Fan Page. Try it out! (if you come across an easier way to do this, please email us so we can update this blog: email@example.com)
Here is how to remove reviews from your Facebook Fan Page (as of 10/8/15).
- Go to your Facebook Fan Page
- Click Settings button (top right) and then click the “About” tab (toward middle of the page).OR, you may also be able to click “About” as a first step
3. Do NOT click on the map. Instead , Click on the “Page Info” button seen on the left
4. Then, hover to the right of your address until you see a pencil and the word “Edit”
5. Click the pencil. It will open up the dialogue box. Here’s the map.
6. Now, uncheck the box that says “Show map, check-ins and star ratings on the page”
7. Then click Save Changes
In the past, this is how people were doing it: Click on Edit page > Update page info > Under Page info edit Address > disable ‘Show this map on your page’
FYI: Blocking someone on your Facebook Fan Page does not help. Others will still be able to see the Review even if you do not after blocking them so try disabling the reviews from showing up altogether. The downside is that good reviews you have will also NOT be seen; however, there are plenty of other places to display your positive reviews such on your website, Google, yelp, review sites etc.