eCommerce SEO & Advertising
The eCommerce ROI you expect is what we deliver.
To sell products online you need to do three things:
- Drive web traffic to a professionally designed eCommerce store
- Convert visitors into paying customers at a high ROI (return on investment) / ROAS (return on ad spend)
- Retain those customers and gain repeat purchases
COVID-19 eCommerce Transformation Services Now Available on a Limited Basis: If you are in the New York area and you are running a website that needs to move to an eCommerce set up, we have space for a few more Clients in certain niches. Give us a call at (516) 610-0922 to inquire.
With Upside’s in-house eCommerce marketing team by your side, you’ll get your eCommerce website, your SEO and your advertising from one marketing agency.
Why Us? Our Clients choose what level of Return on Investment they want and we build a program around that specific need. It’s called a “results-back” eCommerce strategy, our own in-house developed program coined by Owner Doug Betensky. For example, if you expect a 5X ROAS, we will build your ad campaign to meet that objective.
20 years of experience and and strong references. A history of results. Plus, a dedicated team assigned to you. Clients have access to our proprietary marketing analytics and automation dashboard where we make understanding your results easy and fast so that no matter how busy you are, you can see your results in one place, day to day!
Our Services include:
- Shopify Website Design (Simple Themes/Custom Shopify Liquid Dev)
- eCommerce SEO (Rank your Products/Services and Collections)
- Google Ads / Google Shopping Ads (Prospecting and Dynamic Remarketing Campaigns)
- Facebook / Instagram Ads (Prospecting and Dynamic Remarketing Campaigns)
- Retargeting Campaigns
- Custom eCommerce analytics dashboard to track results
Your Own Private Marketing Dashboard – Now You Can Monitor Everything In One Place
Our proprietary software allows the decision makers we work with to analyze, edit, and automate their campaigns. Every client gets access to features like: posting across all platforms at once, scheduling and automating posts, analyzing all accounts in one dashboard, and automating content/analysis.
Want to know more?
Learn how we scaled one eCommerce client to 8x ROAS in just one month and how we ranked a National eCommerce retailer for their SEO keywords. Contact us today.
Why invest in eCommerce?
To make incremental revenue. To adapt to changing customer behavior. To stay competitive. To improve customer service. To transform your business model due to market conditions!
In fact, eCommerce works for National, Regional and even Local businesses! The ability to reach customers where they are looking online has never been more important.
Small businesses need to adapt to a more digital and online-friendly strategy. This means investing in the infrastructure to market and handle transactions online throughout various platforms and social media. Originally this was only a concern to retail commerce companies, however as time moves on, customers are more likely to choose the online route over the traditional channels.
How does Upside Business Consultants get Clients eCommerce Results?
Answer: by providing you the total solution & a dedicated team.
We work with businesses by establishing online eCommerce strategies and platforms to market and sell their services/products. Our focus is to take the headaches away and make it as easy as possible for the decision maker.
Our Initial Process includes:
- Meeting and discussing the current business model and strategies to transform your current models towards an e-commerce friendly (in person, call, or skype) model.
- “Looking under-the-hood” and analyzing data on active campaigns across website, SEO, social media, and paid advertising to find higher ROI strategies to boost your sales.
- Finalizing and acting on the plan to go digital and build your e-commerce sales channel.
- Working hand-in-hand with our clients to maintain campaign success and continually improve.
Our Ongoing Process includes:
- Strategy/Tactics: First, we create an eCommerce SEO and advertising strategy that will reach your audience and generate sales. We combine SEO + Google Advertising + Facebook/Instagram Advertising + Retargeting (online + email) to increase your sales conversions.
- An Experienced Team: Second, we assign the most experienced digital marketers on Long Island, NY to manage your account. The combined talent surpasses 30 years of experience.
- Quality Control: Third, we do the work locally, in-house. We manage accounts closely. We pay attention to the fine details. That means total quality control and ownership over our process.
- Creative: You need digital marketing assets like videos, images, text content etc. to advertise. We will help you every step of the way.
- Tracking/Measurement: Fifth, we can create a custom marketing analytics dashboard for you so you can see how your campaigns are performing every day. We leverage Pixels, Google Data and Social Media Advertising data every week. This will help you make better, faster decisions. You can also get a monthly report.
KPIs – eCommerce Metrics
Our main focus is to set up proven and tested campaigns, and monitor results on weekly/monthly trends. We check all metrics like revenues, website traffic, top products/pages, social media account results, and paid campaign results. The metrics we pay close attention to are:
- ROAS/# Return
- eCommerce Sales
- Conversion Rates
- Website Traffic & Rankings
Latest eCommerce Case Studies
- Monogramonline.com (Top Personalized Gifts Store)
- Deal-to-win (Amazon and Walmart Marketplace)
- Distinctbuildingsupply.com (B2B Building Supplies)
- Natico.com (B2B Promotional Items)
- Madisonsniche.com (Boutique-Retail Store)
- Max Whole Foods/Myhappycarts (B2B Food Distributor/Amazon Marketplace)
- Huko Logistics (Dropship/eCommerce Solutions Company)
- Pool Force (Dropship pool industry retailer)
- Laurashomeandpatio(dot)com (Shopify Website Development, B2C)
Q: How much does a Shopify eCommerce website cost?
A: Shopify website development costs are impacted by the amount of customization needed, the size of the site, the complexity of the functionality you need, and the amount of creative/backend/operations work you may need. Typically, you can expect to pay between $4,000-$15,000 and up. A smaller site with 50-75 products and 5-10 Collections may expect to pay anywhere between $6000-$10,0000 in our experience.
Q: How long does it take to build a Shopify site?
A: A small eCommerce site (e.g. 1-10 products) can most often be developed within a few days of work, from beginning to end. Companies that use a basic Shopify template save more time than those that need customizations or apps/plugins set up. More realistically, eCommerce development should allow for approx. 1-2 months to create your site from beginning to launch to account.
Q: Do you handle getting us sales and new customers?
A: Yes, we can build your Shopify site and then handle all of your monthly eCommerce SEO and Google/Social advertising.
Q: Do you work on other type of eCommerce platforms than Shopify?
A: Most Clients prefer the all-in-one solution Shopify provides and we have much more experience on this platform than others. We admittedly do not do a lot of work with other eCommerce platforms. We will discuss your project details with you when you call to determine fit.
Q: How much does eCommerce SEO cost each month?
A: That depends on which keywords you want to rank, their search volume, competition for the keywords, the number of keywords, the extent of SEO Services you need, and expectations for the Client on results timelines. Typically, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2,000 -$10,000 per month. Ranges are impacted by the level of Service provided e.g. on-page SEO, off-page link building, content development, PR etc. Custom quotes are provided for every Client. Smaller eCommerce websites may incur a lower monthly SEO investment.
Q: How long does it take to rank a Shopify eCommerce site on Google for my SEO?
A: No honest SEO professional will guarantee a timeline because Google Algorithm’s change as do the ranking signals. What we do is continually improve your SEO to adapt to these changes. Typically, Clients can see results in as little as a few months. However, a much more realistic timeframe is between 8-12 months for eCommerce SEO, especially for more medium difficulty keywords. Hi volume, extremely competitive keywords can take years using white hat methods. This is why we take a balanced approach using Advertising to get short term ROI for Clients while we work on SEO too.
Q: I already have a Shopify website. Can you work with existing sites and just provide the Advertising?
A: Most likely yes, and we have specific cases where we have stepped in after a Shopify site was developed to focus on providing monthly advertising services for the Client. In these cases, we can also help modify the site over time. In a recent case, we were able to get 8X ROAS within one month. Results will vary and each Client’s case will be reviewed individually to determine feasibility.
Q: Do you help migrate eCommerce sites from one platform to another?
A: In these instances, we provide SEO consulting to help ensure you maintain rankings and web traffic while mitigating risks that are common with platform to platform eCommerce migrations (e.g. Magento to Shopify) or even a migration from a regular WordPress site to an eCommerce platform. Your Developer can be communicated to and they can follow our best practices to maintain you existing SEO. Tactically, this means mapping your 301 redirect plan, requirements to your Developer and site migration strategies you can execute to help mitigate any loss of Google rankings or revenue. We handle these requests on a case-by-case basis. This work is a one time fee and costs depend on the size and complexity of the project.
Q: Who should invest in eCommerce?
A: It’s safe to say almost any businesses should invest in eCommerce. Here are some industries that we tend to focus on the most because of the increasing opportunities to gain market share:
- B2C Retail eCommerce (Bricks & Mortar Stores)
- B2B eCommerce
- Restaurants and Entertainment
- Service Providers (use online to send/receive payments)
These are industries that our team has direct experience and knowledge on how to develop, scale, and maintain eCommerce campaigns.
Considering a Pay-Per-Click online advertising campaign on Long Island or NYC? Do you have a Google Adwords Campaign that is under performing? Or, perhaps it is not being used to promote the most profitable areas of your business. We can help.
Optimizing your website on Long Island requires more than just SEO talent, it requires the commitment of a trusted Long Island SEO company that will be able to get you results even as Google and Search Engine algorithms change.
Your website is not only important to you, it’s important to searchers and customers who are also looking at your competitors. In 2018, your site needs to be responsively coded so that it is mobile friendly, filled with great content and easy to use.